The Zatesh Chronicles

Scene 2, full log

The Job Stars with a Bang

You are in a small room to the back of large meeting room. Outside you can hear murmers and rustles as members of the media settle into place. around you , frantic rushing as the various members of SF0 make Last minute preperations for the confrence. Ley is nowhere to be seen.
[11/07/2013 6:51:23 PM] Slick: Slick is not looking for the even smaller closet, and the nook behind that closet, and so on to see how deep it goes, honest.
[11/07/2013 6:51:59 PM] Seda Lula: Seda Lula seems to have decided that flopping listlessly on the table and making whining noises is the best way to get what she wants. That is a beach trip to be exact.
[11/07/2013 6:53:04 PM] Slick: Slick is also not looking for a hair drier to prank Seda with, because he has at least a minimal survival instinct.
[11/07/2013 6:53:52 PM | Edited 6:54:58 PM] Hajime: Hajime is breathing in and out slowly as a relaxing exercise to get “into the role.” He is wearing much different clothing this time – colorful, fancy, with a martial arts belt at the waist, hair dyed blue and with make-up imitating subtle Water Aspect markings.
[11/07/2013 6:54:22 PM | Edited 6:54:51 PM] Hajime: “Lula, stop that,” he says curtly. “You’re not going to the beach today. Not after what you did to that dolphin last time.”
[11/07/2013 6:54:46 PM] Slick: “Is THAT what that was? I had a hard time identifying it.”
[11/07/2013 6:55:15 PM] Seda Lula: “The dolphin was asking for it.” she retorts simply. “It bit my tentacles. I bit it back. Alot. With many mouths.”
[11/07/2013 6:55:39 PM | Edited 6:56:24 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: * A relatively large centipede scurries under the door into the room, it moves a distance out into the room and seems to look around*
[11/07/2013 6:55:48 PM] Slick: “…has anyone told you, you can do a good imitation of a pirhanha swarm?”
[11/07/2013 6:55:59 PM | Removed 6:56:20 PM] Slick: This message has been removed.
[11/07/2013 6:56:08 PM] Slick: “…”
[11/07/2013 6:56:35 PM] Slick: “Were we expecting bugs?”
[11/07/2013 6:56:38 PM] Hajime: “Uh, centipede. Whatever.”
[11/07/2013 6:56:56 PM] Slick: “Lula.” Slick points at the newcomer. “Greet.”
[11/07/2013 6:57:25 PM] Slick: Slick mutters to Hajime, “If it survives, it belongs.”
[11/07/2013 6:57:36 PM] Hajime: “Oooh boy!” Haj laughs. “Giant centipede vs Toothed Squid, round one!”
[11/07/2013 6:58:01 PM] Hajime: Hajime has a rather… Different behavior from the original meeting between everyone. Comes with the Resplendency.
[11/07/2013 6:58:14 PM] Seda Lula: Seda Lula stands and stretches, then bends down to look at the centipede. “Hullo!” She smiles. Then her forehead is a light with wtich-fire and the burning pale circle of a Full-Moon’s caste mark. “Are you like I?”
[11/07/2013 6:58:45 PM] Seda Lula: Still smiling her smile widens to show a shark’s teeth “Or some pet lost its way~? Won’t be missed then~”
[11/07/2013 6:59:32 PM] Hajime: “Don’t eat bugs! It’s gross.”
[11/07/2013 6:59:50 PM | Edited 7:04:44 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: * The centipede looks up at Lula, and a much smaller Full Moon Caste-mark appears glowing on it, before it starts to ‘grow’ taking the shape of a women, with brunette hair wearing a blue business suit and slacks.
[11/07/2013 7:00:13 PM] Seda Lula: “OH BOY OH BOY~” And then there are hugs.
[11/07/2013 7:00:56 PM] Hajime: “Oh god we have two of them I am going to die” Haj winces as a Pattern Spider pinches his thread.
[11/07/2013 7:01:38 PM] Slick: Slick stays quiet for now, and at a small distance.
[11/07/2013 7:02:19 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: Ilalel Pelarel stands stands from the crawling position she was in and brushes herself off. “I am sorry I was unable to attend the previous meeting I was held…Gah!” and then she was hugged.
[11/07/2013 7:03:37 PM] Hajime: “Not much happened. Apart from us learning terrible world-threatening knowledge but pfew, we call that Tuesday.”
[11/07/2013 7:03:42 PM] Seda Lula: There is a suprising amount of pressure to a hug. At least from a woman who’s mostly squid. Really not suprising when you think about it that way. She has done horrible things to cars with those hands.
[11/07/2013 7:05:12 PM] Hajime: “So hello. I’m Thomas Linus. The squid-woman hugging you is Seda Lula of the Full Moon Caste. The silent gentleman is Slick. We’re pleased to meetcha.”
[11/07/2013 7:05:53 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: Ilalel Pelarel loosk a bit uncomfortable. “I would appreciate it if you might… release me…”
[11/07/2013 7:07:50 PM] Slick: “He’s not, but do play along with it, for all our sakes.”
[11/07/2013 7:08:02 PM] Seda Lula: “Oh… hrmm~!” A happy toss! Something akin to playful sparring. If only she did not casually break everything she touched, it wouldn’t have broken the table “Now its YOUR turn!”
[11/07/2013 7:08:53 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: Ilalel Pelarel does her best to catch herself. “I am Ilalel Pelarel… My turn…?”
[11/07/2013 7:09:41 PM] Storyteller: Several winces can be heard from the SF0 PR team. Fortunatly, they already have been giving Lula a wide berth.
[11/07/2013 7:10:01 PM] Hajime: “Yeah, calling me by my other name when I am wearing a Destiny hurts me, so please refrain. Someone can write it on a piece of paper or I’ll tell you later.”
[11/07/2013 7:10:26 PM] Hajime: “Lula! Put the other Lunar down. Not everyone is a wrestler.”
[11/07/2013 7:10:41 PM] Seda Lula: “Yes~! When warriors meet they have to spar and then they can be as family~!” Lula adopts a stance somewhere between a bouncing dance and ready for combat.
[11/07/2013 7:12:06 PM] Slick: Slick sighs. “Do I need to fetch the butter and lemon wedges?”
[11/07/2013 7:13:36 PM] Hajime: “Lula. Not every Lunar is a warrior, you know?”
[11/07/2013 7:13:48 PM] Hajime: “There are also… Spies? Scientists? Sorcerers?”
[11/07/2013 7:13:51 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: Ilalel Pelarel looks around a bit worried. “Well… they might get mad if we fight in here and trash the place…”
[11/07/2013 7:14:18 PM | Edited 7:14:21 PM] Storyteller: Frantic nodding from the PR team.
[11/07/2013 7:15:10 PM] Seda Lula: “She has the same mark! She met the Laughing Man to and we shouuuld~!”
[11/07/2013 7:16:43 PM] Hajime: Hajime massages his temples, dreading the incoming headache. “Think of the work people will have to do to repair the room if you break it. Think of how much worse it’ll be if you break her.
[11/07/2013 7:17:15 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: “We’re also not supposed to let people know about us. If you really want I can probably find an appropriate place but I suspect my fighting style might leave you a bit disappointed…”
[11/07/2013 7:17:20 PM | Edited 7:17:28 PM] Hajime: Hajime adds frantic gestures to Ilalel to try and convince her to play along rather than saying she’s strong enough to handle it.
[11/07/2013 7:18:26 PM] Hajime: “Yes! Perfect. We’re scheduling this for like Thursday evening and I’ll find a location.”
[11/07/2013 7:18:34 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: “Oh, and, uh, I’m afraid you might break me, which would me very painful and not a lot of fun for me…”
[11/07/2013 7:18:37 PM] Hajime: “And in the meantime you leave her be. ’kay?”
[11/07/2013 7:19:23 PM] Seda Lula: Lula’s head cocks to the side, curious and not bouncing. “Aaaaw…. but… but they won’t let me do ANYTHING…” She bows to her fellow Full Moon “I’m sorry…” She then sits, dejected in the rubble of the table, idly passing shards to her hair so that it might snap them. Have to exercise the tentacles now and again, yes?
[11/07/2013 7:20:33 PM] Slick: “Think of this as a different sort of fight.”
[11/07/2013 7:20:45 PM] Slick: “One that you can not win with your muscles.”
[11/07/2013 7:20:47 PM] Hajime: “Maybe she will want to go to the beach with you?” Haj adds with a hopeful look.
[11/07/2013 7:21:10 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: Ilalel Pelarel looks a little confused. “Oh? The beach? I suppose I could…”
[11/07/2013 7:21:16 PM] Slick: “Indeed – those who use physical violence here lose. But that does not mean there is no violence.”
[11/07/2013 7:21:26 PM] Slick: “Nor arms and armor.”
[11/07/2013 7:22:51 PM] Seda Lula: “….VocĂȘ parou de falar corretamente?”
[11/07/2013 7:23:27 PM] Seda Lula: Slick is speaking nonsense now, how strange… Lula instead returns to snapping wood shards in her hair
[11/07/2013 7:25:10 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: “Now that introductions are over. Can anyone catch me up on the current mission parameters?”
[11/07/2013 7:25:43 PM] Seda Lula: “There are 150 foes and we will put their heads on spikes~!”
[11/07/2013 7:28:17 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: “I see, that sounds quite different than the initial summary I received. I assume this ritual execution is to be televised, hence the technical crews and PR team?”
[11/07/2013 7:28:32 PM] Hajime: “We are tasked with… Bringing in line… The Solars, Abyssals and potential rogue Infernals who present a danger to Meruvia. They are all Exalts of the utmost power level, and there are about gtwo hundreds of them, total.”
[11/07/2013 7:28:48 PM] Hajime: “Lula is, hm, projecting herself into the future.”
[11/07/2013 7:29:06 PM] Hajime: “Which is a fancy way of saying putting their heads on spikes is what she intends to do.”
[11/07/2013 7:29:14 PM] Hajime: “We do not actually have any captive Solar.”
[11/07/2013 7:29:25 PM] Slick: “The current mission is to brief the press. It is intended that they survive.”
[11/07/2013 7:31:46 PM] Seda Lula: “War glorious war~”
[11/07/2013 7:31:54 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: “Ah, I see. I must admit I’m not super familar with exactly what Solars and Abyssals are, though I think I heard Abyssals come from some sort of Underworld? I see, how much are we letting them know?”
[11/07/2013 7:32:42 PM] Slick: “…let us handle that if you are unfamiliar with the situation yourself.”
[11/07/2013 7:32:57 PM] Slick: “That said…” Slick looks to the PR crew. “Do we still have some time?”
[11/07/2013 7:34:14 PM] Storyteller: A random member of the SF0 PR team aproaches the team. “Your on in ten.”
[11/07/2013 7:35:12 PM] Seda Lula: Seda Lula curls in her nest of shattered wood, ignorant of the world outside her closed eyes. I mean, more than normally. She seems to think naps are a great idea.
[11/07/2013 7:35:19 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: “I assume part of our mission is to ensure the press conference will go off without incident. To that end I will remain hidden and watchful for danger and allow you to handle the actual speaking.”
[11/07/2013 7:35:59 PM] Slick: Slick eyeflicks to Lula. “If you could keep an eye – and restraint – on her, that would help.”
[11/07/2013 7:38:15 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: “Keeping an eye on her is no problem… restraining her is a whole different story.”
[11/07/2013 7:38:36 PM] Tluthal: “Guh…”
[11/07/2013 7:38:43 PM] Hajime: “That is, believe it or not, my job.” Hajime looks so very much his fifteen years old at this moment.
[11/07/2013 7:38:45 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: Athaleyah Dibare grumbles about that.
[11/07/2013 7:39:45 PM] Hajime: “I’m her minder.”
[11/07/2013 7:40:24 PM] Hajime: “I’ve sparred with her a couple times – believe me, we’ll be glad she’s there when someone starts punching us.”
[11/07/2013 7:42:46 PM] Storyteller: Tip toeing past the sleeping Lula, one of the PR members mutters quietly to the team “your on in three. Ready to go?”
[11/07/2013 7:43:02 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: “No I’m more annoyed about being on stage.”
[11/07/2013 7:43:21 PM] Hajime: Hajime nods, closes his eyes. Get in character, get in character.
[11/07/2013 7:45:03 PM] Hajime: Hajime hops from his seat, breathes in slowly, then start doing katas in the middle of the room, in an open space. There is an ease in his movements, a watery fluidity; he looks the part of the Water Aspect martial artist, at least.
[11/07/2013 7:47:33 PM] Slick: Slick stays still for a moment, clothes flowing around him, until he looks the strong, silent second in command. He just needs to hide in plain sight, and speak up if the lead stumbles.
[11/07/2013 7:48:18 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: Ilalel Pelarel nods to Hajime. “If you have her handled, should I do as I suggested?”
[11/07/2013 7:49:08 PM] Hajime: “Please do. I am officially in charge of this team, at least in the public’s eye.”
[11/07/2013 7:49:21 PM] Hajime: “I will do the speaking, to a certain extent.”
[11/07/2013 7:51:23 PM] Storyteller: The PR memeber nods. Keeping his voice low, he says “Right. Head to the stage enterance, and PLEASE don’t wake Lula. She is not media ready yet.”
[11/07/2013 7:52:06 PM] Slick: Slick follows Hajime thataway.
[11/07/2013 7:52:40 PM] Hajime: Hajime nods, and makes an assertive motion to follow him to the rest of the group, before going to the entrance. If there is any stress or uncertainty in him, he does not show it; his smile his confident.
[11/07/2013 7:54:14 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: Athaleyah Dibare sighs and heads out, hair carefully arranged.
[11/07/2013 7:54:45 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: Ilalel Pelarel nods and shrinks back down into a centipede and scurries out after them.
[11/07/2013 7:55:37 PM] Storyteller: As the members file on to the stage, a sea of flashes begin going off from the seated media. At the center of the sage, behind the podium set up there, is Klaus in full dress uniform.

“And if I may introduce the members of the Zatesh squadron? Minus a few members whos duties have kept them elsewhere. This is Slick, Ilalel, Athaleyah Dibare and Thomas Linus, the team leader. They will answering any questions you have shortly. Linus, if you would care to take the podium-”

Klaus is cut off as one of the reporters explodes into flame, screaming “Purge the corruption!!” Admidst the scream and sudden stench of burning flesh, a long stream of fire that blasts into Klaus, casuing him to… melt? Metal gleaming, the duplicate falls to the ground as the sprinklers belated spring to life, filling the room steam as the water vaporizes against the burning figure in middle of the room, surrounded by bubbling corpses. The rest of the reporters have scrambled away in fear and agony from the fire veined, nude figure screaming obsenties in the middle of the room.

((OOC: No need to roll a join battle here, just write how you guys attack and murderize him.))
[11/07/2013 7:57:55 PM] Slick: Slick fades – literally – as he checks around. His allies have this guy, but if this guy has backup, he won’t let them get the drop.
[11/07/2013 7:58:54 PM] Hajime: “Well, that was quick,” Thomas whispers as everything goes south. Then he lets martial arts training and his resplendency take over – he is in charge. He is a master. As the duplicate touches the ground, he flickers out of sight, blasts into light behind the burning figure, bracers whirling madly; his Essence-bolstered fists reach into the fire at a dozen strike a second, and then he’s gone again, blinding light hiding the scene from any reporter who would be so bold as to try and take pictures.
[11/07/2013 8:00:18 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: Ilalel Pelarel scurries from from the shadows and bites at the strange nude man, aiming for his ankle and hoping to have injected some of her poison into his system.
[11/07/2013 8:02:19 PM | Edited 8:02:47 PM] Storyteller: The nude man crumples into ashes under the hits: apperently whatever he had used to allow him to throw fire had left him rather fragile.
((OOCtake 2l fire damage from his aura))
[11/07/2013 8:03:47 PM] Hajime: “And THAT, ladies and gentlemen”, says Haj rather loudly as he steps on the last dying ashes of the assaillant, “should answer any question as to whether it was wise from your government to spend your money on a task force such as ours. Anything else?”
[11/07/2013 8:04:36 PM | Edited 8:04:44 PM] Storyteller: The hiss of the extiguingqishing fires can barely be heard over the agonized screams of the burned and the dull thud of boots approaching the room.
[11/07/2013 8:04:47 PM] Slick: Slick fades back into visibility and begins looking for those most injured, triaging their injuries as best he can.
[11/07/2013 8:05:09 PM] Hajime: Hajime throws to the ground his burning clothes, leaving more apparent the severe burns over his wrists and forearms, but he pays them no mind. It will heal.
[11/07/2013 8:05:35 PM] Slick: Slick almost dances through the burnt, slicing away still-alight flesh and spraying synthflesh or applying bandages as appropriate.
[11/07/2013 8:05:59 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: Athaleyah Dibare swears and switches her clothes out in a flash of bright gold light.
[11/07/2013 8:06:01 PM] Hajime: Hajime simply helps carry the wounded outside, to find them medical attention.
[11/07/2013 8:08:03 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: Ilalel Pelarel scurries off to the back room turning back to human before running out to help the injured.
[11/07/2013 8:08:27 PM] Storyteller: Klaus bursts into the room, SF0 responce team at his back. Looking around, he mutters several colorful sounding Eastern curses, before directing the medics to aid with clean up. “Team, upstairs, 10 minutes. See you there.”
[11/07/2013 8:08:49 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: Athaleyah Dibare nods.
[11/07/2013 8:09:36 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: Ilalel Pelarel nods.
[11/07/2013 8:10:48 PM] Slick: Slick backs off once the proper medics take over. He looks around, takes in a breath, then, “Reporters. Please keep in mind who was injured, and who fell, here. These are the kinds of enemies we’re facing. We would appreciate your cooperation.” And turns to leave.
[11/07/2013 8:11:08 PM] Storyteller: (Scene Break)
Upstairs, the team files into the room, waiting on Klaus.
[11/07/2013 8:12:25 PM] Hajime: “Well. That went pretty horrible pretty quickly. Everyone safe?”
[11/07/2013 8:13:26 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: “This is one of many reasons I dislike public appearances.” Though, frankly, at least it was this and not OHGODPEOPLE this time.
[11/07/2013 8:14:19 PM | Edited 8:14:32 PM] Slick: “We’re fine. They,” Slick points to the pair who got close to the firey one, “will need an hour or two longer. Their bodies have to rest up between treatment bursts.”
[11/07/2013 8:15:09 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: “I was slightly burned when I got close to him, but I’ll be fine.”
[11/07/2013 8:16:05 PM] Hajime: “Same here. We got out of this pretty well, considering the reporters. God, that’s going to be a nightmare. Combusting terrorists…”
[11/07/2013 8:16:30 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: “Ehn.” She shrugs.
[11/07/2013 8:16:32 PM] Slick: “Which is why I reminded them that it was reporters who got killed today.”
[11/07/2013 8:18:50 PM] Storyteller: “They still aren’t going to be happy when they come to.” Klaus says striding into the room, the door sealing behind him. “Fuck, I’m not happy that a Genics addict somehow made it into here.”
[11/07/2013 8:20:20 PM] Hajime: “Genics, uh?” Haj answers with surprise. “Makes his talk of purging the corruption pretty ironic in retrospect.”
[11/07/2013 8:21:18 PM] Hajime: “Do we have any idea if he was affiliated to an outside group or a lone shooter?”
[11/07/2013 8:21:56 PM] Storyteller: Klaus shrugs. “No clue. Guess what your first asignment is.”
[11/07/2013 8:22:40 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: “… Note to self: Bring more fire ignited bombs.”
[11/07/2013 8:23:04 PM] Hajime: “Eh. Should have figured. I don’t think that’ll amount to anything, but let me check, just in case-” he says cryptically, then whispers a few inaudible word to the intangible spider on his shoulder, and lets her crawl back along his thread.
[11/07/2013 8:23:22 PM] Hajime: (Efficient Secretary Technique, looking for the identity of the terrorist)
[11/07/2013 8:23:38 PM] Slick: “Track down the local dealers and makers of Genics?”
[11/07/2013 8:24:54 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: “We should do so discretely and follow them back to their sources. It’s unlikely some lowlife drug dealer is the mastermind behind this.”
[11/07/2013 8:25:15 PM] Storyteller: “That would be Piotr Ivanov and his distributer, Tracy Weissmann. They’re kinda members of the Althing.”
[11/07/2013 8:25:36 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: “Why am I not surprised.”
[11/07/2013 8:26:29 PM] Hajime: “Yeah, that’s… We don’t want to be dealing with these guys if we can avoid it. They have status, and Tracy is-” his mouth silently articulates the word ‘bat-shit’.
[11/07/2013 8:26:52 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: “Do either of them have reasons to sabatouge this press conference?”
[11/07/2013 8:26:52 PM] Storyteller: “Not a member of good standing with the althing.”
[11/07/2013 8:27:01 PM] Slick: “So. We have Althing lieutenants acting directly against Althing lieutenants?”
[11/07/2013 8:27:35 PM] Slick: “…not in good standing, eh?”
[11/07/2013 8:27:41 PM] Hajime: “Not necessarily. Genics are a drug; I could buy some within a few hours if I wanted it, and Tracy wouldn’t have anything to do with it. It’s available to people who want it.”
[11/07/2013 8:28:12 PM] Seda Lula: Lula, having apparently moved her nap to the corner, groggily wakes, eyes blear with sleep, stretching her arms and uncoiling her hair in the same motion “Bom dia, posso sentir o cheiro de comida?” She asks sleepily in Seatongue
[11/07/2013 8:28:35 PM] Hajime: “I have… One identity with ‘street cred’, but it’s probably not the best one for polite infiltration work.”
[11/07/2013 8:28:47 PM] Slick: “…huh. View it as a gun, then? No connection to whoever put this guy up to it?”
[11/07/2013 8:29:19 PM] Hajime: “No necessary connection. Could still be one. We’ll have to investigate.”
[11/07/2013 8:30:22 PM] Hajime: Hajime waves at Lula. “Hey, hi. Sorry, we didn’t wake you up, and… You kinda missed the fight. Guy burst into flame, killed people, we had to take him down.”
[11/07/2013 8:30:27 PM] Hajime: “Was quick, though.”
[11/07/2013 8:31:26 PM] Storyteller: “At the very least, Tracy probably knows who bought it.”
[11/07/2013 8:31:28 PM] Seda Lula: She blinks some more… then makes a slight sniffle “Eu perdi uma luta?” Then slight water-works begin…
[11/07/2013 8:32:16 PM | Edited 8:32:24 PM] Storyteller: “Getting that information out of her is liable to be… difficult however.”
[11/07/2013 8:32:50 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: “Is there enough trace evidence left within the perpitrator that we could analyze the drug and determine what batch it came from?”
[11/07/2013 8:33:04 PM] Seda Lula: “I wanna fiiight why didn’t anybody wake me up what happened?”
[11/07/2013 8:33:20 PM] Storyteller: “Maybe. Lab boys are working on it.”
[11/07/2013 8:33:30 PM] Hajime: “We didn’t have time; I told you, it was over in seconds.”
[11/07/2013 8:33:56 PM | Edited 8:34:13 PM] Storyteller: “Piotr would be of some help there, if you run the samples over to him.”
[11/07/2013 8:34:48 PM] Hajime: “Hm. If Piotr works with Tracy, he won’t return results that incriminates her. But if she isn’t involved… Yes. We should ask for his help. Maybe he can leverage her into helping us, too.”
[11/07/2013 8:35:34 PM] Hajime: Hajime shudders at the thought of dealing with two Infernals in the margin of the Allthing. He would have prefered… Spirit-blooded, that would have been good. Maybe a rogue Terrestrial? Simple stuff for a first assignement.
[11/07/2013 8:35:58 PM] Seda Lula: “I didn’t get to see what a camera was… or nuthin…” Small sobs are replaced with a pout. “And Mr. Klaus said if I went on the cameras I could go to the beach how am I gonna go now… Mr Klaaauss pleasse swimmin? I’ll tear out those two’s spines for you if I can please?”
[11/07/2013 8:36:38 PM | Edited 8:36:46 PM] Storyteller: “You know, I think Tracy is going to be on the docks in the next few days…”
[11/07/2013 8:37:17 PM] Slick: “Well. Up for a stealth swim?”
[11/07/2013 8:37:26 PM] Seda Lula: “Yes I can do that yes!”
[11/07/2013 8:37:30 PM] Slick: “Or is a swim that’s actually work not going to happen?”
[11/07/2013 8:38:34 PM] Hajime: “…hm… So. Should we favor the diplomatic approach, ask her stuff, or should we try the back entrance immediately? Or split into two groups, possibly.”
[11/07/2013 8:38:53 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: “Doing it as two groups may be more effective.”
[11/07/2013 8:39:48 PM] Hajime: “That’s my thinking. Lula, a swimming approach from the harbor suits you; Slick, you can turn invisible. Seems like a natural duo. Ilalel, I’m… Not sure what you can do?”
[11/07/2013 8:41:38 PM] Hajime: “Leyah, you feel up to go with me try diplomacy with a borderline Infernal drug-dealer?”
[11/07/2013 8:42:12 PM] Slick: “…yes. Ilalel, this would be a good time to introduce yourself.”
[11/07/2013 8:42:13 PM] Seda Lula: “SWIMMING~! KILLING~ WAR~”
[11/07/2013 8:42:52 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: “As with most lunars I can take a variety of shapes.”
[11/07/2013 8:43:19 PM] Hajime: “Lula, it would be bad form to kill Tracy’s men if she’s not involved in the crime. Please refrain from murder until we know for sure she’s not innocent.” Well, for a given value of innocent.
[11/07/2013 8:43:42 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: “Yes, I can do that.” She smiles.
[11/07/2013 8:43:48 PM] Seda Lula: A confused look appears on her face “So… take slaves?”
[11/07/2013 8:44:19 PM] Storyteller: “Just to be clear, the Althing really only gives a fuck over who gets her phylactery if you kill her.”
[11/07/2013 8:44:36 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: “I can produce weapons from my body. I can form shapes that are unlikely any living creature. I also have my signature centipede shape that is an especially effective stealthy killer.”
[11/07/2013 8:45:07 PM] Hajime: "Oh, is that a situation of “we want her dead but no one wants to be the one assigned to it so we keep pretending she’s one of us?” That seems to happen a lot to you guys."
[11/07/2013 8:45:27 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: “Lula, do you know how to move without being seen?”
[11/07/2013 8:45:37 PM | Edited 8:45:50 PM] Storyteller: “That being said, she is an experienced murder scourage. So she’s an iron clad pain in the ass to kill, yes.”
[11/07/2013 8:45:59 PM] Hajime: “All righ. Ilalel, I would be inclined to have you on discreet back-up with Leyah and me in case things get rough.”
[11/07/2013 8:46:05 PM] Hajime: “If that’s okay with you.”
[11/07/2013 8:46:14 PM] Slick: “What sort of…shapes?”
[11/07/2013 8:46:23 PM] Slick: “Are we talking, you can be a gun or something?”
[11/07/2013 8:46:53 PM] Seda Lula: “…. I can swim good. And make war~! Father Manta taught me well~! I am the Terror From the Depths and I am the Daughter of the Manta~! I am the Death-of-Many-Things and I will swallow the heart of our foes~”
[11/07/2013 8:46:54 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: “…I can do that in a sense.”
[11/07/2013 8:47:40 PM] Slick: Slick headshakes. “Lula…can you spy? Can you scout? Can you do the things necessary to win a war OTHER than fighting?”
[11/07/2013 8:48:08 PM] Hajime: “Her favorite form is a giant kraken. Does that answer your question?”
[11/07/2013 8:48:15 PM] Slick: “Actually no.”
[11/07/2013 8:48:28 PM] Slick: “There can be, pardon the pun, hidden depths.”
[11/07/2013 8:48:36 PM] Hajime: Hajime glares.
[11/07/2013 8:48:47 PM] Slick: Slick cracks a grin. Briefly.
[11/07/2013 8:49:06 PM] Seda Lula: “I can be an ahool… I can be a taipre-iauara… I can be the kraken… I can be a storm mother?”
[11/07/2013 8:49:16 PM] Storyteller: “Oh, be careful here. You don’t want to wind up going to deep.”
[11/07/2013 8:49:21 PM] Slick: “But can you be a goldfish? Or a tuna?”
[11/07/2013 8:49:27 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: “Can you be a snake or a mouse or a bird?”
[11/07/2013 8:49:38 PM] Hajime: “Change of plan, guys. Ilela and Slick, you do the stealthy part. Lula, you come with us see the lady drug lord.”
[11/07/2013 8:49:42 PM] Slick: Slick nods to Klaus.
[11/07/2013 8:49:46 PM] Seda Lula: “I can be a dolphin! I can be siaka!”
[11/07/2013 8:50:05 PM] Slick: “…right.”
[11/07/2013 8:50:08 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: “Whale ship, if we’re going to do something fishy let’s not hold back bouys.” Leyah maintains a perfectly straight face, for about five seconds.
[11/07/2013 8:50:10 PM] Hajime: Hajime sloooowly facepalms.
[11/07/2013 8:50:27 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: “Dolphin is… close, I suppose…”
[11/07/2013 8:50:36 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: Athaleyah Dibare drops her head into her arms and giggles.
[11/07/2013 8:50:44 PM] Seda Lula: “Its an asshole dolphin anyway and it deserved to die.”
[11/07/2013 8:50:46 PM] Slick: “Ilalel, I trout you’ll have much difficulty, but what’s your specialty?”
[11/07/2013 8:51:10 PM] Hajime: Hajime double facepalms.
[11/07/2013 8:51:21 PM | Edited 8:51:36 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: “Stealth, mostly. I have some other unique talents I don’t think will be useful here.”
[11/07/2013 8:51:48 PM] Slick: “…how well can you mimic equipment?”
[11/07/2013 8:51:55 PM | Edited 8:51:58 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: “Oh come on. Hee hee. Don’t sail yourself short.”
[11/07/2013 8:52:27 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: “It ehehehe shrimply won’t do.”
[11/07/2013 8:52:44 PM] Hajime: “I swear to god, the next time someone puns, I will… I don’t know what, but I will do it.”
[11/07/2013 8:52:53 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: “/Pun/t us?”
[11/07/2013 8:53:17 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: “I can mimic the function or weapons I can consumed, but they will appear… they grow forth from my body and appear organic and touched by the moon.”
[11/07/2013 8:53:31 PM] Seda Lula: “I don’t understand why you’re so upset Hajime…”
[11/07/2013 8:53:43 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: “/Pun/ish us? Make sure we eel the pain?”
[11/07/2013 8:53:50 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: Leyah stop giggling it’s undignified.
[11/07/2013 8:53:55 PM] Hajime: Aaaargh.
[11/07/2013 8:54:01 PM] Hajime: Hajime is not happy.
[11/07/2013 8:54:12 PM] Slick: “Ah, I didn’t necessarily mean function. If you get the form down well enough, my shroud might be able to cover both of us. Seal us away from detection.”
[11/07/2013 8:54:12 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: Empress is laughing even harder so it could be worse.
[11/07/2013 8:54:14 PM] Hajime: Hajime is making the serious face. And the Glare. Oh yes the Glare.
[11/07/2013 8:54:36 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: Leyah hasn’t raised her head up yet, and is a shaking mass of giggling red curls to all appearances.
[11/07/2013 8:55:02 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: “Surely you wouldn’t be so /coral/se.”
[11/07/2013 8:55:23 PM] Storyteller: “Ok enough. We do need you all ship-shape for this.”
[11/07/2013 8:55:26 PM] Hajime: “You don’t know, do you.”
[11/07/2013 8:55:29 PM] Slick: “So while I sneak around, you could be ready to keelhaul any trouble we find.”
[11/07/2013 8:55:38 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: “Gimme a minute and I’ll be able to-ehehehehe!”
[11/07/2013 8:55:57 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: “You’re going to keel me.”
[11/07/2013 8:56:02 PM] Hajime: “I killed a man.” He checks his watch. “Twenty minutes ago. I stepped on the burning corpses of a dozen people and put my hands into the fire so I could kill him before he killed anyone else.”
[11/07/2013 8:56:06 PM | Edited 8:56:20 PM] Hajime: “The skin hasn’t yet fully peeled off my burns.”
[11/07/2013 8:56:15 PM] Hajime: “I do not feel very pun-y right now.”
[11/07/2013 8:56:58 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: “Yes and I was about ten minutes away from a panic attack. Reel with it.”
[11/07/2013 8:57:10 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: “I will confess, I have never attempted to fully turn into a weapon, I am uncertain if I am able to…”
[11/07/2013 8:57:10 PM | Edited 8:57:21 PM] Slick: Slick looks to Messiah, pokerfacing. “Yeah, don’t give him an excuse to carp, okay?”
[11/07/2013 8:57:26 PM] Storyteller: “Ley. Slick. Enough.”
[11/07/2013 8:57:40 PM] Slick: Slick then looks back to Ilalel. “We should practice.”
[11/07/2013 8:58:29 PM] Seda Lula: “…. can I go swimming now?”
[11/07/2013 8:58:32 PM] Storyteller: “I’ll get the meeting set up, make sure the location is somewhere you guys can familize yourself with.”
[11/07/2013 8:58:33 PM] Hajime: “Ilalel and Slick. Stealth mission. Investigating Tracy’s business on the docks. Ley, Lula, you come with me talk to her. Diplomatic mission with the possibility that it might go wrong.”
[11/07/2013 8:58:48 PM] Hajime: Hajime nods a thanks to Klaus.
[11/07/2013 8:58:53 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: “… Krill. Okay I’m done.”
[11/07/2013 9:00:02 PM] Seda Lula: “Talking isn’t fun…”
[11/07/2013 9:00:53 PM] Hajime: “Well, you’re there in case we stop talking, if you catch my drift.”
[11/07/2013 9:01:08 PM] Seda Lula: “….what?”
[11/07/2013 9:01:18 PM] Hajime: “If it turns into a fight.”
[11/07/2013 9:01:33 PM] Slick: Slick resists the urge to call Hajime on saying “drift”.
[11/07/2013 9:02:17 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: “Instead of a weapon, what if I mimiced some piece of clothing like a scarf?”
[11/07/2013 9:02:24 PM | Edited 9:02:37 PM] Storyteller: “Distinct possiblity. She likes violence and death, and a group like your posses a chalenge to here she generally doesn’t face.”
[11/07/2013 9:03:04 PM] Hajime: “Oh ye gods and little fishes. Fighting a Scourge. I don’t think I’ve ever done that. Wasn’t looking forward to it.”
[11/07/2013 9:03:05 PM] Seda Lula: “Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay war~!”
[11/07/2013 9:03:25 PM] Hajime: “Klaus, should I scrap the splitting plan and just take everyone with me?”
[11/07/2013 9:04:16 PM | Edited 9:04:22 PM] Storyteller: “I think you’ll be ok. Just keep the others near you. Combat focuses are a pain to deal with.”
[11/07/2013 9:04:41 PM] Hajime: Hajime eyes Lula. “Tell me about it.”
[11/07/2013 9:05:17 PM] Slick: “Scarf would work.”
[11/07/2013 9:05:19 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: Athaleyah Dibare snickers.
[11/07/2013 9:05:35 PM] Slick: “And…yeah, keep us informed of where…actually. Transponders?”
[11/07/2013 9:05:55 PM] Slick: “Would it be worthwhile for them to have transponders we can home in on, so we know where they are should things go south?”
[11/07/2013 9:06:16 PM] Seda Lula: An arm goes around Hajime’s shoulder, stretching like rubber into a distended limb that conviently ignores the table length between the owner of the arm and the Sidereal “Don’t worry little friend Hajime~! I am what Father Manta called ‘Deterrant’ and I am sure that is a good thing~!”
[11/07/2013 9:06:29 PM | Edited 9:07:22 PM] Storyteller: “Loaded into the SF0 issue cellphones you guys have.”
[11/07/2013 9:08:11 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: Ilalel Pelarel shrinks back down into centipede form, which then suddenly fluffs up with what looks to be some sort of animal hair … It’s more of a boa than scarf…
[11/07/2013 9:09:51 PM] Hajime: “Oh god Slick, you are going to look fabulous.
[11/07/2013 9:10:53 PM | Edited 9:11:21 PM] Storyteller: Klaus gets up. “I need to get back to damage control.” Tapping a button, he brings up a holographic display in the center of the room. “Here. Use this, you have access to our databases via it. Let me know your game plan, and I’ll set up the meeting. Try to avoid a fight if you can, but don’t worry if you can’t.”
[11/07/2013 9:11:15 PM] Hajime: “Will do, sir.”
[11/07/2013 9:11:19 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: Empress creeps over toward Ilalel and bats at her.
[11/07/2013 9:12:12 PM] Storyteller: Klaus nods and exits the room, door sliding shut behind him.
[11/07/2013 9:13:11 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: Ilalel Pelarel scurries her fuzzy body away from the kitty. This likely just makes her even more enticing.
[11/07/2013 9:13:33 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: Yep. Empress mews and creeps after her.
[11/07/2013 9:13:55 PM] Hajime: “And so… Our first mission. Planning. Stuff; Ladies and gentlemen… I think I’m going to catch a nap.”
[11/07/2013 9:14:49 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: Ilalel Pelarel attempts to crawl up Slick to escape the kitty.
[11/07/2013 9:14:54 PM] Seda Lula: “Are we playing shapeshifting because I didn’t know that was a game? Can I play?” Lula’s skin starts rippling and her smile is… disconcerting
[11/07/2013 9:15:30 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: Empress mews and jumps up to Slick’s shoulder, wriggling her rump like a kitty on the hunt.

“I think I may join you for that nap.”
[11/07/2013 9:15:53 PM] Slick: Slick pets Empress. “Actually…a question for you, Seda.”
[11/07/2013 9:16:02 PM] Seda Lula: “Ahuh Mr. Slick?”
[11/07/2013 9:16:11 PM] Slick: “Do you understand why a goldfish would have been much stronger than a kraken at this mission?”
[11/07/2013 9:16:49 PM] Slick: Slick shifts the scritch into a cuddle! Scritches and rubs, but Empress isn’t pouncing on any Lunar just now.
[11/07/2013 9:18:02 PM] Seda Lula: “No… why? It seems stupid. I am a warrior and that’s what I have to do. Gold fish sound expensive and useless” Her skin is splitting still, but underneath is just glowing argent light
[11/07/2013 9:18:35 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: Empress purrs and cuddles into Slick’s arms.
[11/07/2013 9:18:46 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: Ilalel Pelarel drapes herself over Slick’s sholders. Nothing to see here, just a fabulous scarf.
[11/07/2013 9:19:14 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: … Empress still bats at her.
[11/07/2013 9:19:29 PM] Athaleyah Dibare: Leyah has apparently leaned back in her chair and gone to sleep. Snore.
[11/07/2013 9:19:55 PM] Slick: Slick cuddle cuddle. “And that is where you are weak. Do you know of technique?”
[11/07/2013 9:20:15 PM] Ilalel Pelarel: Ilalel Pelarel takes ignores it like a pro-‘scarf’ imitator’.
[11/07/2013 9:21:49 PM] Seda Lula: “Don’t need to. My way is strong. I am bored. Bye bye~” She stands and opens one of the large windows, her teal skin falling away as a massive bat emerges from within and takes to the sky of Eagle’s Launch
[11/07/2013 9:22:47 PM] Slick: “…some day, maybe I can get through to her.” Cuddle cuddle.
[11/07/2013 9:23:30 PM] Slick: “By the way.”
[11/07/2013 9:23:51 PM] Slick: “How many ways can you think of to tickle Messiah from here?”
[11/07/2013 9:26:51 PM] Storyteller: (end of session 2)

Comments

Kylar

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.